Saunders Cervical Home Traction Device
Special pricing for healthcare professionals — sign in to view.
Get Expert Advice
The Saunders Cervical Traction clinical device is a classic amongst therapists and is also available in a portable home model: the Saunders Cervical Home Traction Device. It provides supine cervical traction at 15, 20 & 25 degrees. The amount of force is limited to 50 lbs, and releases easily. The traction forces are directed through the occiput to avoid TMJ compression.
Developed to enable patients to discontinue formal treatment and apply cervical traction effectively at home, the traction is applied in lying position, with the traction force applied by pulling on the occiput (not chin/jaw area) with an adjustable occiput cradle, and secured with a forehead strap.
- Provides traction forces directed toward the occiput (back of the head) and reduces strain on the jaw and neck
- Applies up to 50 pounds of effective force
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge provides total control of the force at all times
- Blow-off valve limits the amount of force that can be applied
- The user has total control of force at all times with the hand-held pneumatic pump
- Easy to replicate clinic-quality treatment at home
- Patient can control the inclination in the rear from 15 to 25 degrees of flexion with three push-button settings
- Includes patented self-adjusting neck wedges that pivot 30 degrees and are removable for easy cleaning or replacement
- The rotation of the neck wedges combined with the ability to adjust the width ensures that even patients with extra large or extra small necks can achieve a perfect fit every time
- Provide a comfortable and cost-effective option to continuing clinical traction treatments
- Comes complete with a user's guide and a deluxe carrying case.